HOW TO APPLY FOR AADHAR CARD
Aadhaar number is a 12-digit random number issued by the UIDAI, to the residents of India after satisfying the verification process. Aadhaar has become an important document. To apply for PAN, filing an income tax return or to receive a subsidy or grant from the government, it’s mandatory to have Aadhaar number.
You can apply for the Aadhar Card by visiting the Aadhar enrollment center. At Aadhar enrollment center you would be required to fill a form, submit biometric details, identity proof, and address proof.
Before visiting the Aadhar enrollment center one should Arrange all the documents required, a list of all the documents required is given below.
|Demographic information||Name, Date of Birth (verified) or Age (declared), Gender, Address, Mobile Number (optional) and Email ID (optional), in case of Introducer-based enrolment- Introducer name and Introducer’s Aadhaar number, in case of Head of Family based enrolmen- Name of Head of Family, Relationship and Head of Family’s Aadhaar number; in case of enrolment of child- Enrolment ID or Aadhaar number of any one parent, Proof of Relationship (PoR) document|
|Bio-metric information||Ten Fingerprints, Two Iris Scans, and Facial Photograph|
Once you have arranged all the documents next step is to locate the Aadhar enrollment center.
1. If you are living in tier I City You can find the location of the nearest Aadhar enrollment system at https://uidai.gov.in/images/Tier1_Cities_PECs.pdf
2. If you are living in any other City you can find the location of the center at https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx.
3. You can also fill enrollment form online at https://uidai.gov.in/images/aadhaar_enrolment_correction_form_version_2.1.pdf)
Once you have submitted enrollment form you would be required to attach necessary documents like proof of identity and proof of address.
After completing the submission of documents you would be required to give your biometric details like fingerprints and iris scan.
After successfully submitting complete form One slip will be generated, which will contain a 14 digit number that would be required to check your Aadhar status. Keep this slip safe till you receive your Aadhar card.
Get your E-Aadhar card
After submitting all the documents and biometric details your Aadhar card will be sent by Indian post and it normally takes around 90 days, in some cases, it may take more time so in such case, if one requires Aadhar card urgently, one can download there Aadhar card from the official website this is also known as E-Aadhar.
You can follow these steps to download your Aadhar card, you can download your Aadhar card with your Aadhaar number or with your Aadhar enrollment number.
READ MORE HOW TO APPLY FOR PASSPORT
1. Download using Aadhaar enrolment number;
- Enter the enrolment number.
- Enter the date and time as mentioned in the acknowledgment slip.
- Enter your name, pin code of your area, and your registered mobile number with Aadhaar.
2.Download using Aadhar number;
- Enter it along with your name, pin code, and mobile number.
- After all the details are entered an OTP is generated that will help in downloading Aadhaar.
If you have any query, related to this article feel free to write in comment section below. JAI HIND